Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ultrasounds and Nintendo

One thing I've been meaning to mention here is that evidently Nintendo reads my blog. I had no idea. I'm honored.

Way on back, I was incensed and wrote about how Nintendo was going to fail and was all doom-and-gloom. I said no one cared about the Wii and they needed more games to excite gamers again. I'm not even sure what E3 stands for, but this year Nintendo rocked it. They had original third-party games like Epic Mickey that looked cool, they had Donkey Kong Country Returns, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, more Metroid: Other M goodness, and introduced a new version of their popular DS handheld called the 3DS because it has a 3D screen that doesn't require glasses. They rolled out a new Kid Icarus game for it, said they were revamping several classic N64 games like Ocarina of Time and Starfox for it, and even said Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater would come out for it. Everyone else was talking about their motion control technology and maybe a handful of other games. Microsoft solved the Red Ring of Death problem with their new Xbox 360 Slim console. Pretty ingenious. They just removed the red LEDs from the front of the system. So no more Red Ring of Death. If your console breaks, now you won't know why. Meanwhile, Nintendo rocks again. Sweet.

So that had nothing to do with being a stay-at-home Dad, more like being a teenager in the body of someone in their mid-20's.

Today Aislin went to the hospital because her doctor thought there was something funny going on in her hip. We had ultrasound images taken, and the hips look fine. I'm relieved, though I was never that worried. Aislin tuckered herself out by crying loud and hard while they were pressing that hard plastic thing covered in goo all over her diaper region. She's sleeping it off now. When we got there, she was asleep. When she woke up, she was all smiles. When they started the ultrasound, she wasn't excited but not actively unhappy. Then, once the diaper was off, she peed. She's so funny. Every. Time. Every time we take her to the doctor and we take off her diaper she pees.

Kate asked me today if I preferred being called her "Trophy Husband" or her "House Husband." I said the "Trophy Husband" is more flattering because it denotes some sort of physical attractiveness, but I'm not sure it really applies to me. "House Husband" seems kind of demeaning, but more accurate. I don't really know what I am. If these two are my only choices, that's really too bad.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, and a new Kirby game and evidently a Fire Emblem game. Mainly just the Kirby game. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete