Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Easy breezy so far -- not flippantly

I haven't posted in a while, but that's because there hasn't really been anything exciting to post. Truth is, there STILL isn't. I just don't want to leave my avid readers hanging. So here goes:

Kate went back to work last week, so I got my first day alone with the baby. I had been up a lot during the night, so I slept in until after Kate's lunch break. She came home and said hi, and later said how cute we looked. Aislin was looking at the pictures we had propped up in her bassinet, and I was dead to the world. After I got up, I played Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, one of my all-time favorite video games ever, and beat it in two sittings. One day; two sittings. Bam chili fries.

Over the weekend, we took her to my friend's birthday party. All the girls at the party passed her around while Kate and I hung out by the mojitos and margaritas. Both were a little strong. After a few minutes, a semi-drunk Steve announced to the girls at the party that they needed to give him their phone numbers -- in case we ever wanted a baby sitter. In my drunkenness, I couldn't understand why they didn't laugh until I added that addendum. Now I see all too clearly. Ah youth. My friend Heather Hewlett dropped by and gave Aislin a blanket she had made that had the TMNT on it. It's obviously far and away her best blanket so far. That was Sunday.

Kate's parents and our friends from Portland, Stan and Amanda PLUS their wonderful child Nikki visited us on Saturday and took us out to a restaurant. It was the first time we'd been to an actual restaurant, but we were confident because there were three mothers with us. Aislin was the talk of the waitresses in the back; everyone wanted to hold her. She fussed a little but quickly fell asleep on Peggy's shoulder.

On Monday we went to my parents' house to honor Memorial Day. My brother, Brent was there, as well as my nieces Kaylynn, Leah, and Sarah. Brent's fiancee, Verda was also there, as well as her two daughters Riley and Harper. Neither Brent nor Verda and her girls had met Aislin yet, and we were happy they had this chance. She was a hit with all of them.

This week, Kate's been back at work and I've been gradually getting up earlier and earlier. Still, normally not until Kate gets home for lunch. Aislin's been a champ: we watched Iron Man yesterday (she slept through it) and Live Free or Die Hard today (she slept through that one too). Tomorrow I'm taking her out to Mom and Dad's because Mom wants to see her. Dad called on her behalf today under the guise of being concerned about how I was doing. I'm sure they're truly concerned, but so far it's been smooth sailing. They just want to see her. I'm planning on visiting them after lunch and coming home before our friends Joel and Heather make us dinner. In between, I'm having coffee with Dave. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment