Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Quiet day, 'cept for the whimpering

Well, I just got an e-mail from my contact in the Corvallis School District. The language arts position at CV moved on to the interview process without me. I'm disappointed, but I don't know about the drama position yet. I'm not holding out much hope, but there is a bit left.

Last night was kind of hard. We went to our friend's house for dinner and afterward I watched Watchmen with them. Kate went home and went to bed, but she didn't get to sleep. Aislin kept her up cluster-feeding. She called me at midnight making sure I was coming straight home -- which I did. When I got here, Kate shifted onto my side of the bed and went to sleep, signifying to me that the baby was my responsibility for the rest of the night. Honestly and seriously: totally reasonable. She still had to get up early this morning and go to work. I sure didn't.

Aislin and I have been eating unhealthy food and watching Invader Zim. I did take a break though and beat Gears of War. I even played No More Heroes for a little bit. But now I don't feel like watching more tv or playing more games or even reading. I feel like taking a nap. I know this is bad because then I'll wake up in a bit and I'll feel terrible. Naps don't help me. I sleep, but when I wake up I'm groggy and miserable. Maybe I'll just get some water and tough it out. Last night I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns, so I need to find a new book to read. I think I'll read 1984. I was born that year, after all. So many books to read...

No comments:

Post a Comment