Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Catching up, Kate's Birthday, and Doctor's Appointments

Sorry there haven't been any new posts lately. Nothing really spectacular has been happening. There were some jobs that opened up and I've applied for them. It looks like that English/Drama teaching position that I wanted may have closed, but the applicants only wanted to teach English, so now there's a full-time drama teaching position open. As the summer goes along, more positions keep opening up. It's promising. No word back from anyone, but it's still promising.

It was Mom's birthday last weekend, and we all went to tea. Aislin was very well-behaved and thoroughly enjoyed her first tea. She again proved to be a show-stealer everywhere she goes.

This past weekend was my first Father's Day, and it was very nice. We mostly relaxed, and hung out with family. To celebrate, Kate and I went to Dairy Queen and I got an ice cream cone. Heh. It was great.

That's about all I have as far as catching-up is concerned. Today is Kate's birthday, and I very cleverly bought her a book and a card while she was at work. She never suspected a thing. I brought them to her today with an iced caramel latte from Red Horse Coffee. The book, I'm sorry to say, was the Eclipse novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner or somesuch. She's really into the Twilight bruhaha and this thing was cheap so it was a perfect fit. I needed to return some cans anyway, and the cash I got almost paid for the book. Kate was surprised and happy. We'd run out of coffee, so the latte in particular was very nice.

Last night, Aislin had fits of inconsolable. They'd strike like lightening too. One minute she'd be asleep -- the next minute she'd be wailing like a banshee. She probably had some premonitions about her doctor's appointment today. It was her two-month checkup today, and for those of you not in-the-know, the two-month checkup entails several shots. Last night and the night before, her precognition must have been warning her of the things to come. I was holding her hands and looking into her eyes when they gave her the shots. She has never screamed so loud and at such a high pitch. This was real pain. Tears were streaming down her bright crimson cheeks as her little world suddenly got significantly more unpleasant. The doctor recommended baby Tylenol so I'm going to pick some up along with some coffee and sour cream after lunch. As I was doing my best to console her, I realized that the earliest memory I have is going to the doctor's office to get shots. I tried to tell her that, but she did not find it comforting. She fell asleep on the car ride home, and for now I'm just trying to keep her peaceful.

1 comment:

  1. Steve, I feel like a doof that I forgot to wish you a happy father's day. I'm sure it was a really great one for you. I hope you have many more to come. So happy belated father's day, my man.

    ReplyDelete