Thursday, July 1, 2010

Baby screams and not much else

Oooooh, the baby!

For hours, she was awake and screaming. It began around 9:45. She would calm down, and I'd try to give her the bottle, but as soon as the rubber nip hit her mouth she screamed until she turned red. Finally, I was able to get her to eat while rocking her. She ate like six ounces and then fell asleep. She stayed asleep until I got up to put her in the bassinet and grab some shut-eye myself. As I was putting her down, she stirred and began screaming again. I walked her around the apartment for a little bit, but my legs were tired just like the rest of me, so I tried rocking her again. Finally around midnight she seemed calm enough so I just put her in the bassinet and went to bed. She had all her needs met; she was just being cranky. After a bit, she fell asleep and slept for something like six hours. That was nice. It was just too bad she was so difficult.

I knew that if she just fell asleep she would sleep for a while since she'd been up all day. Yesterday she was fussy and hungry often. I got in a walk and even some frisbee with Ted, but she didn't think I should ask any more from her. She didn't want to be rocking; she didn't want to be put down; she wasn't hungry; she didn't need a burping or a new diaper; all she wanted was to be up on someone's shoulder as long as they were moving. I can only assume she had an upset stomach or something.

For those of you who don't know, sometimes I have scenarios play out in my head. These aren't things I would ever consider doing, just thoughts. Well last night, I thought about a scenario in which I open the door and loudly proclaim "Free baby! Any takers? Come on people! Free baby here!" Of course I would never do that, but just the fact that I thought about a course of action like that... well, it requires pause.

I've applied now for something like 13 jobs online -- there are only four left open. No calls. No e-mails. Nothing to show these schools are remotely interested in me. On the plus side, we re-arranged the living room a little bit, so now the futon is closer to the TV, but the room feels a little smaller. However, it does free up some space beneath the window for the yoga ball and my guitar. The change is nice, but I'm not convinced it's permanent. If you want to see for yourself, give me a call and come on over. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment