Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Teething and other bleak subjects tainted with optimism

Recently, Aislin has been very active. She's been active just about all day for the past couple days, and by "active" I mean she's been fussy. In the past, I've been able to put her down and she goes to sleep. She would only wake up when she was hungry. Now she seems to be hungry all the time. She's sucking on her hands almost all the time, and sometimes she wakes up suddenly and screams as though she's in pain.

Almost as if she's teething.

This is odd: babies normally don't teethe at almost three months. Normally, they teethe more around six months I think. Kate started teething around four months, so if Aislin's early it runs in the family. And if she's old for her age, that runs in the family too -- on my side.

She's been a lot of fun though. She's looking around and smiling a lot more. She recognizes Kate and me and some of our friends. She really seems to like Ted. Whenever I pick her up and walk around she's looking at the stuff as it passes by. She's so smart. It's awesome.

Today I played my guitar for her a little bit while her bottle was warming in the sink. She was hungry so she occasionally burst into tears, but other than that she seemed to enjoy it. I hope the tears were because she was hungry and not a comment on my playing. Of course not.

So she's been active for the past couple days. This morning after Kate went to work, she did her morning fuss which meant it was time to get up and get a bottle going. I put her in the swing to calm her while her bottle warmed, and by the time I was ready to feed her she was back asleep. She slept until lunch. I thought she might be under slept due to the number of naps she has skipped. It's possible I guess.

Now on to other news: I've applied to 12 jobs on EdZapp and only two remain open. Both of the open jobs are part-time. The drama teacher at CV is 0.17, which is like, 1/8th time. The long and short of it is this: I need to find something else. Teaching is not working out. And now more budget cuts for education are announced, so I'm out of luck. I could work for Safeway or something, but the thing is this: I'd rather write. I feel like if I worked at some entry-level job I would have gone to college for nothing. Even if it's temporary. I'd like to put my degrees to work; I just haven't figured out how. So if you see an ad on my blog, click on it -- it might bring me some revenue.

I've also started another blog called "It Might Not Suck" which will be all about movies. It's my movie criticism blog. I haven't written anything in it yet, but I've got some ideas. Feel free to share yours once I get it running. I've also got some stuff to post on The Coterie Blog, but I'll revise it a little first. I'd love for one of these to get noticed by someone who would be willing to pay me to write. Anyway, that's all for now. The baby's fussing so I better feed her some more. She just snorted. That was cute. She's really cute all the time -- even when she's angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment