Thursday, May 6, 2010

A slow day and I need to get out more I guess

Not much to report today. Aislin slept well last night; she only woke up a few times and demanded our attention. It did throw our pattern out the window though. Kate and I dealt with her together a majority of the night. I expect tonight will be different though. It's 11:30 at night and I just now finished my last cup of coffee. Whoopsie daisy. Ah well. Kate's been scowling at me every time I mention the phrase "video games" so maybe I'll take advantage of my irrational caffeination and play a little while she saws logs. And I'll take care of the baby too, of course.

Today I bought Mother's Day gifts. I got Mom a frame that has two pictures of me during graduation. I bought Kate some stuff too, but I'm afraid of posting her gifts on the internet for security reasons. I'm sure you understand. It seemed like a good day for it, because Kate had a bit of a hard day. She's been trying to cut back on the ibuprofen and she had a hard time breastfeeding today. All in all, it was hard on her, so conditions were perfect for me to dote on her a little. She won't know it until Sunday. I doubt the things I ordered will arrive by Sunday, so she'll even get to enjoy the anticipation of awaiting packages in the mail.

Last night I finished Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and it was alright. The obvious problem proved more difficult: what to read next? I thought about reading a book called The Beauty of the Lillies by John Updike, one of my favorite authors, but it was almost 500 pages long and I thought I had better work my way up to it. I considered As I Lay Dying by Faulkner, but I thought something less cerebral would be better. 1984 seemed like a good choice, but I opted out at the last second and chose The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce. I made it to page three and put it back. Finally, I settled on A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. If it's anything like his other book, The Kite Runner, the length will have little to do with the time it takes me to read it. I read that book in about a week, I think. Maybe four days. OMG like you care. Ok.

Basically, Aislin slept today, ate today, and was extremely cute. I found a new book to read, and I'm going through Mass Effect withdrawls. That's it. That's all I have to report.

2 comments:

  1. I have thought of reading As I Lay Dying...and Portrait...but I have opted out too. Mass Effect withdrawals are terrifying. I've witnessed it. Sleepy baby is good! Hope the nights are going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went a few days without playing ME and I couldn't take the shakes. It was bad.

    ReplyDelete