Friday, May 7, 2010

Bored, with highlights

Today was a boring day. Ask Kate. We sat around today being bored and boring. I did go over to Ted's place and got to try my hands on the Halo: Reach multiplayer beta and got my butt kicked so hard I cried. One of Ted's friends asked him what was up with me -- do I have an Xbox? Have I ever played Halo? Jeeze. I'm kind of sad about how much I suck. PLUS it was Ted's birthday -- surprise! Had no idea. I suck, AND I'm a bad friend. See? Not really a good day.

Aislin spent just about the entire day eating. That was a large part of why we were both so bored today. We were totally incapacitated. Here's a funny story: Kate went to take a bath, so it fell to me to look after Aislin. I was holding her in my lap and about to read her some Yeats when she pooped all over me. It got on my shirt, my pants, and soaked through to the skin. Unpleasant? Yes. Did Kate laugh? Very yes. After we both changed clothes, I put Aislin in the sling and read her Yeats while Kate went for a walk. In true poetic fashion, Aislin was asleep by the third poem.

I applied for a part-time job today at CHS. After I told Kate, she said we'd have to pay for child care if I got it. That's probably true; I think I'd be making more than we are right now, but probably not. Don't know. We'll see.

Tomorrow we see Iron Man 2 and hang out with our friends Nick and Destiny. It'll mark two landmarks in our short parenting career: first, it'll be the longest car trip we've taken with her; second, it'll be the longest period of time we've spent away from her together. We're leaving her in Peggy's care, so I'm not worried about her safety or anything. It'll be interesting to see how the day goes. It'll also be interesting to see if we get up in time. Speaking of that, I need to hit the sack.

And no comments? What's up with that?

1 comment:

  1. First off, you = excellent friend.
    Second, this is a comment.
    Third, sleep is actually a good plan; off to bed!

    ReplyDelete