Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nights out, sleeping patterns, and idiocy

Today Mom and Dad offered to babysit Aislin while Kate and I have dinner out on them. It was way too good an offer to pass up. We talked about going to Big River or Aqua, but we ended up going to Applebee's. I nearly ate myself sick. It was a fantastic time. Afterwords, we went to Francesco's for gelato. Mom and Dad were sorry to see us return "so soon." Apparently, Aislin had slept a majority of the time except for what sounded like a very exciting episode where she woke up and cried. Mom changed her diaper and fed her, and Aislin went back to sleep. Sage, my parents' dog, didn't know what to think of Aislin crying. The dog started barking along with her. And then, Dad held Aislin while Mom got a changing station ready, and Sage didn't think too highly of the alpha male in the group holding a baby girl. It must have been funny. I'm kind of sorry I missed it. Mom and Dad say they'll have to do it again so they have more time to spend with her. We're all for it.

Kate goes back to work next week, and I'm a little nervous about it. Not so much because I'll be at home alone with the baby, but -- this sounds kind of silly I guess -- our circadian rhythms are off. We've gotten kind of used to staying up past midnight, in my case up to 3:00, and then sleeping in to the afternoon. Last night I tried to go to bed early but I ended up tossing and turning for hours and I still slept in until noon. Come next Wednesday, Kate will need to be at work by 8:30. If things stay the way they are, she won't make it and I'll be dead to the world.

In other news, I read a review of the new Prince of Persia game (which I totally want to play) on IGN. The reviewer sounded pretty competent and I would have taken his advice if he had known how to use an apostrophe. He kept saying "player's" when he meant "players." It wasn't once, either. He was convinced these players owned something, not that there was simply more than one. Dude. How did you get a job writing for a serious, award-winning video game website and I'm unemployed in a crappy two bedroom apartment in Corvallis Oregon? More justice, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment