Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Screaming Aislin

I feel like I should talk about my previous post a little since it came directly out of left field. While Kate and Aislin were sleeping I saw a video interview of a Nintendo mucky-muck and his smug, tight-lipped demeanor upset me a little. I'd post a link to the video file here, but I don't know how to do that. It's somewhere on gametrailers.com if you're interested.

Today we visited the doctor. They're still concerned about her jaundice, so they drew more blood. I die a little inside every time they do that. Aislin was in Kate's arms resting peacefully, then they pricked her heel and she started screaming every injustice in the world. The nurse was really good though. It took her hardly any time at all to get all she needed and bandage Aislin's foot.

Last night our friends Ted and Eric brought us Mexican food for dinner and it was wonderful. We now have Mexican food, Chinese food, and Italian food in our fridge. We are totally multi-cultural. After they left around 9:00, Kate and I went to bed. For the first half of the night, we woke up around every hour. Apparently, babies go through a growth spurt at two weeks and require more milk. It threw us off because she would start screaming right after she ate and we figured she couldn't be still hungry. But she was. Around 4:00 she settled down and slept for a good stretch. We were fairly rested when we reported to the doctor's office at 10:30 this morning.

She knows her first trick, too: when we strip her down to her birthday suit to weigh her, she pees on everything. She's really good at it.

At first, when she would start screaming, I just wanted her to be quiet. I still do, but I'm not as afraid. I'm more familiar with Screaming Aislin now. When she closes her eyes as tightly as she can and screams with everything she has, it's cute. I smile and sometimes I laugh. Unless it's 2:00 in the morning. Then I just want her to stop. Kate and I were lucky enough to get a picture of one of her brief smiles today. Babies don't start smiling for a little while because their muscles aren't developed. But one morning I swear she looked at me and smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment